Studies have shown the cost benefits of outsourcing to overseas countries are substantial providing up to a 75% according to some estimates.
In Mexico there are no delays in communication as consequence to large time zone and cultural differences in addition to other incurred costs such as long trips and the need for Bridge Management.
Countries such as Mexico, Argentina and Brazil, offer advantages like closer geographic location , same time zone, cultural similarities and more educated population at a competitive price point. Mexico’s advantage relies in its close proximity and its tight interaction with the US market, there are also many connecting flights between the US and the biggest cities, with an increasing population of college graduates you can certainly find well prepared bilingual personnel.
Mexico’s appeal is steadily increasing as the Mexican government has shifted focus and is providing companies with global vision a better environment in which to do so with efforts such as NAFTA, education, certification requirements and fiscal incentives.
Mexico in a Global Context
agreements network worldwide
daily flights to and from the United States
- The UN, in its technological achievement index, positions Mexico as the best Latin-American country.
- The North American Free Trade Agreement “NAFTA” sets the groundwork to provide certainty to parties in the cross-border commerce of services between Mexico, US and Canada. Intellectual property is protected under this umbrella thus providing hiring entities the means to avoid legal processes abroad.
- Mexico is the geography that offers the lowest operational costs in North America.
- Because of proximity, Mexico presents a better alternative to countries such as India or China for service effectiveness and total cost of IT projects
- Forrester Research recommends:
- “Companies interested in the cost and quality benefits of offshore labor, but which require a closer, less risky solution should strongly consider Mexico as an important nearshore option.”